Our network of local and national handlers of fresh produce source hundreds of products from more than 40 countries, and also work closely with British growers to offer local produce when in season.
Our aim is to provide a world-class service in the procurement, supply and distribution of imported fresh produce. BB Foodservice working in partnership with its suppliers and customers is dedicated to the continuous improvement and development of products and sources to meet the demands of an increasingly sophisticated market.
Our team of fresh produce buyers work closely with suppliers to ensure all requirements for marketing produce in the UK and Europe are satisfied. At BB Foodservice we aim to be at the forefront of technology and ensure our network of suppliers are continuously investing in research and development for example:
- Ripening of fruits
- Non-destructive testing for ripened products
- Automated packing and labelling
- Variety of selection
- Growing trials
Our highly trained and competent team of technologists focus on:
- Food safety
- Quality control
- Global supplier development
- Managing a comprehensive auditing programme of our supply base
- Ensuring full traceability from farm to consumer
- Ensuring full HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points)
- Food technology
- New product development
- Transferring best practice, technology and quality systems to suppliers
- Assisting local growers in maintaining BRC, GLOBAL GAP and Assured Crop status
- Ensuring suppliers compliance with environmental and ethical trading policies
Our network of suppliers control all logistics from arrival in Europe to delivery to our foodservice centres with stringent quality control staff ensuring all products passing through their pack houses are individually inspected by experience quality control staff.
As part of our corporate social responsibility policy we work closely with suppliers to ensure that we operate to the highest standards of product quality, legality and employee and safety.